Friday, April 9, 2010

About my Term Research Paper

My research paper was very challenge for me because I was not that aware about social networking’s issues. I have to do a lot of research about it in Google and in the school’s library. I found a lot interesting article about the advantages and disadvantages of social networks sites in which help me to put my ideas together. I also tried to find books about the dark sides of social network but it was impossible to find one that touches deeply this point.

At first I focused to talk about the advantages of having social network sites. Also what are the contributions that social networking sites have make to new media and society. I described and what the most popular social network sites does. I tried to compare the different social network sites. Then I focused on the bad sides of social network. I tough my future readers why might was a mistakes to sign up for a social network.

I choose this topic because since last year I wanted to know the dark sides of social network sites. Last semester I took a CIS class and I heard a negative comment about social network sites and that maybe it was a mistake for everybody to sign up for a social network. Since that the day I have the curiosity of the dark sides of social network sides or why my classmates were talking bad about it because for me social network sites were the most wonderful things that was in the internet.

Thank you to the research my paper I learned that social network sites are not what I thought and it changes my whole perceptions about it. After I wrote this paper, I feel remorseful of signed up for a social network. But my research really taught me that I need to be careful with what I posted in those sites.

1 comment:

  1. There are many dangerous aspects of social networking sites and I'm glad you recognized them. But in my opinion, I think the pros exceeds the cons in this subject.

    ReplyDelete